If you’re looking for a powerful, heavy duty jump starter, you should consider Clore JNC660 ‘Jump-N-Carry’ 1,700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter.
Bigger and heavier than its lighter sister Clore JNC300XL Jump-N-Carry 900 Peak Amp unit, the JNC660 can jumpstart bigger vehicles–even those for marine and industrial use. It packs 1,700 peak amperes. It also comes with 425 cranking amps. It comes with battery status indicator gauge so you don’t need to be guessing. You don’t need to buy extra cables since it comes with 46-inch #2 cables and accessories for 12-volt DC outlet. It’s a bit heavy though at 18 pounds.
- 1,700 Peak Amps; 425 Cranking Amps. Built-in charger. Charger Type- Automatic
- PROFORMER battery technology is designed to provide extremely high power output, extended cranking power and a long service life
- 46 inch heavy-duty #2 AWG cables; copper insulated
- Voltmeter provides charge status of onboard battery
- DC outlet to power 12 volt accessories; DC input to recharge internal battery
If you battery is discharged or dead, then the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 can power it up with a lot of power! You can use it in your own garage, but it is also a favorite in auto dealers and repair shops.
Don’t worry about problems if you can return this product or not. It comes with one-year limited warranty, together with a repair service coupon from the product’s maker that provides for one-time repair of this product even after the warranty expires.
It’s list price is over $300 but you can buy at reduced price, which is pegged at over $100.
Average Amazon Rating
The average customer rating at Amazon is 4.7 out of 5 stars. This rating means that it is an excellent, reliable product.
Here are several product reviews from customers who bought it so you can assess if this product suits your needs.
Review from G. Powers:
“If you can’t start your car or truck with this thing, you have bigger problems than a dead battery! This unit is one of the most powerful portable battery jumpers out there at 1700 peak amps. That’s almost twice as powerful as many other lower quality competitors.
This is not a “multi-purpose” unit that you will find at the local big box store. It’s not an air compressor, radio, flashlight, food processor and battery jumper. It’s only a battery jumper, although it does have a “cigarette-lighter” style socket to power other items if needed.
This is a great product, but consider this before you buy it: This model may not be for everyone. This is a professional grade item and is not intended to be used by people unfamiliar with proper battery jumping procedures. Here’s why I say this:
1. Some battery jumping devices have a feature that will alert you if you hook the jumper cables up incorrectly. This unit has no such feature.
2. Some have safety switches that remove power to the cables while you are hooking them up. This unit has no such switch.
3. Some battery jumpers have sophisticated chargers that won’t allow you to overcharge the battery. Not this one. When you plug it in to recharge it, you can’t just walk away for 2 days and let it charge. You have to monitor it during the recharging process.
4. Some battery jumpers have a set of generic lights to tell you the current state of charge of the booster box. Not this one. It has a voltmeter on the front and you need to know how to read it.
Bottom Line: If you need the most power in a single-purpose jumper box, buy this one!”
Another review from G. Leong:
Not like so many other jumpers out there. There are no light/radio/air pump….just battery and cigarrete lighter power outlet. The clamps and cables are strong, not flimsy compared to other reviews of other jumpers. My complaint is where to place the unit when in use. The jumper cable isn’t long enough for the unit to sit on the ground. It would have been convenient if the cable was longer or it came with some kind of hook to hook up to the side of the van. It is heavy….about 30lbs. It is tall and somewhat thin, so the unit cannot be placed sitting on its bottom somewhere on the engine while connected, keep its balance, you leaving it unattendant inorder to get in the car to start it up. It would have to be laid down on its back. A little tricky for one person. Better to have extra hands if possible. Could be placed in the trunk for emergency, especially in the winter where cold drains older car battery. Much easier compared to calling for a 2nd car for jumping.
Here are some caveats and some undesirable features you may want to check from this review:
I give it only three stars for two reasons. The unit does not come with an on-off switch and it does not come with the protective plastic caps that cover the black and red battery connectors as stated at the back of the units label. This means the positive and negative connectors are always hot or live. With 12+ volts and 1700 + amps this unit can easily start a fire if both connectors contact any metal in your vehicle. I consider this to be a significant safety issue. The manufacturer should put an on-off switch in the design. I’ll keep the unit in its shipping carton but I know this will not last as cardboard will fall apart eventually. I will have to put it in a plastic tote box at some point.
To read more reviews and learn more about this jump starter, please click here to go to Amazon.com